1. Absolutely NO Refunds.
2. NO illegal bib transfers. It is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant. If race organizers become aware that a runner has participated in one of our events with a bib that is not registered to that runner, both the runner AND the person whom the bib is registered will be prohibited from participating in subsequent Focus Multisports events for a minimum of two years.
Our past races have been marred by numerous participants running under the guise of someone else’s race number. While this may seem harmless to the parties perpetrating the unauthorized bib transfer, it does convey serious consequences to the organizers and participant field alike.
From race results to finishers’ awards being impacted as well as medical staff being able to correctly identify participants in need of treatment, it is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant.
3. NO illegal Switching of Races. You must run the race you registered for or do a legal Race Switch.
4. Participants must be at least 16 years of age on April 19, 2020 to participate in the marathon and at least 12 years of age on April 19, 2020 to participate in the half marathon.
5. Important Packet Pick Up information– Race packets must be picked up in person. If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race packet. NO EXCEPTIONS! You will be allowed to pick up a family member’s packet without a note if you have the same last name, but you must have your own ID to do so.
If you are unable to pick up your own race packet, you may authorize another person to do so. The authorized individual MUST have his/her own photo ID, a signed and printed authorization form, and a copy of the participant’s photo ID. The signed authorization form MUST be printed. We will NOT accept any authorization via phone, text message, or any other electronic device. The copy of the photo ID may be via text, email or photocopy. NO EXCEPTIONS!
There is no race day packet pick up or registrations on Sunday. You must come to packet pick up on Friday or Saturday.
6. This race is conducted under the rules of USATF and the Road Runners Club of America.
7. The use of personal music devices are strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, The Coastal Delaware Running Festival encourages a headphone-free environment during the run. Several injuries and deaths have occurred to runners wearing headset/earbuds that were not able to hear instructions from event personnel or vehicles. Plus, volunteers and spectators will be on course cheering you on and providing directions to help get you to the finish line.
**Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
8. In consideration of the safety of all participants, NO HAND CYCLES, STROLLERS, BABIES IN CARRIERS/BACKPACKS, IN-LINE SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, BICYCLES OR ANIMALS ON LEASHES will be allowed on the course. This will be strictly enforced.
**If you choose to run with a baby jogger, you must seed yourself in the last corral–behind all other runners. It is your responsibility to make sure your baby jogger does not impede other runners, and you must take extra precaution to ensure your safety, your child’s safety, and the safety of the runners around you. We reserve the right to pull any participant from the race who is endangering other runners or themselves. Pets are not permitted in any of the races.
9. In consideration of the safety of all participants, Focus Multisports has the right to cancel or alter the event or race course for any reason deemed necessary. Such conditions will not result in refunding of any race entry fees or future event credits.
10. Extreme weather cancellation policies
Runners, their families and guests and our volunteers safety is our first priority. The Coastal Delaware Running Festival races will run come rain or shine, with the exception of threatening weather conditions. When conditions present a danger to our Runners, their families and our volunteers, CDRF officials maintain the right to cancel or postpone the start of each of the events. Such conditions will not result in refunding of any race entry fees or future event credits.
11. Threatening weather conditions
The Coastal Delaware Running Festival may be cancelled or delayed if any of the following weather conditions exist: Hurricane Watch or Warning; Tropical Storm Watch or Warning; Extreme thunderstorms and lightning in the vicinity of the race, Flash Flood Watch or Warnings in the area of the race. Such conditions will not result in refunding of any race entry fees or future event credits.
12. Start of the Race / Cancellation of the event
The start of any of the events may be delayed up to one (1) hour from the posted start time if any of the above mentioned conditions exist. The events may be canceled if any of the weather conditions continue and we deem it unsafe for our participants to race. Such conditions will not result in refunding of any race entry fees or future event credits.
13. Any race registration purchased through the company "RacePass" will not be honored.